Creating a CNAME record is a way to provide visitors to your site with a seamless user experience, by showing them your URL, instead of ours, as they travel around the site. You’ll need to set-up a CNAME to run a site on the White Label Dating platform.
For example, with a CNAME record in place, members will see ‘app.singles365.com’ in the URL bar when they log in to the site, instead of ‘app.whitelabeldating.com’.
To purchase your CNAME, you need to:
1. Go to the site where you bought your domain from. In this example, we’re using www.123-reg.com
2. Look for the area where you can ‘Manage your DNS’ for the individual domain.
3. Create a new ‘Record’.
4. Use the drop down option to select the ‘type’ of record that you would like to create and select ‘CNAME record’.
5. You will need to direct the record to alias2.whitelabeldating.com to create the CNAME successfully, add this in where it says ‘Destination CNAME’. Different domain providers might have set-up processes that vary slightly, however, most will follow a similar course to this.
6. You’ll then need to set your subdomain in the ‘Hostname’ box.
It can be anything can be anything you like – we’d recommend using something like date, app, members, etc. Keep it short, relevant, and make sure that you update the coding on your landing page to include the subdomain URL.
For geographic sites, you could use UK or AU for example. This works especially well if you plan to expand your portfolio internationally.
If you have any questions or would like help setting up a CNAME record, get in touch with the partner team today.