The online dating world typically sees an increase in traffic in the run-up to Valentine’s Day, with more people than ever logging on to find love.
With one in five people now finding love online, it’s important to ensure that we seize the opportunity with both hands and work on optimising campaigns to get the best results possible.
Things you should consider before setting up your Valentine’s Campaign are as follows:
– Quality Score – Working on your Quality Score is imperative to securing a good position for your Ad through paid search. In addition, if you have a poor quality score then you carry the risk of paying much more for your Ads. Consider these factors that will affect your quality score:
- Click-Through-Rate (CTR) – A high click-through-rate (achieved when a user clicks on your Ad) will indicate that Ad is relevant to your target; Google and all paid search engines like this.
- Bounce Rate – How many users immediately bounce from your landing page? The fewer the better. You can analyse the figure within your analytics page.
- Landing Page – Ensuring your landing page is optimised and that content matches your Ad is extremely important. This is what helps you stand out from competitors.
- Relevance of Campaigns – If your campaign is not relevant to the product you are advertising, users will bounce straight away, thus, having a negative impact on your quality score.
– Extensive keyword research – Thorough research is the foundation of a successful campaign. A great tool to support research is the Keyword Tool, which will help you understand the volume of traffic connected to certain key terms and searches.
– Checking out the competition – Check out what your competition is doing; look at how they’re advertising, the style of their site and what they’re offering users. Make a note of any similarities and be aware of this when actioning your campaign.
– Ensuring ALL landing page links work – It’s vital that you offer a high quality user experience. If there are links on your landing page leading to a separate blog or FAQ section, make sure they work before setting them live.
– Seasonal Copy – When writing copy for your AdText campaigns, make them relevant to Valentine’s Day and the search for the perfect partner.
– Campaign Tracking – Last but not least, remember to track your campaigns in the WhiteLabelDating.com Partner Portal so that you can measure success; this is an essential tool to review what works well and increase ROI. If you need any help setting up Campaign Tracking, this blog post is a great starting point.
As we know, online dating is a competitive industry, so getting your campaigns right first-time is crucial. Plan ahead so that you’re prepared to take full advantage whenever there is a natural uplift in search volume; with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, this is the perfect time to embark on your best campaigns.
Let’s play cupid!
Jess Dimsdale, Partner Manager @ WhiteLabelDating.com