What is cross-selling?
Cross-selling means offering non-converted members alternative niche sites within your portfolio. You could implement a cross-sell strategy by creating an umbrella brand and cross-selling members between sites under that one brand. For example, if your brand is JustSingles.com, you might create JustSeniorSingles.com or JustGingerSingles.com. This gives members more opportunities to find a site which is better suited to them. If members can find a match that they’re more suited to, they have a higher propensity to convert.
What are the benefits of cross-selling?
- Higher lifetime value – By offering your members a more tailored dating service, it’s more likely that they will convert. If they are using a service that is more relevant to them, for example; someone living in London using a London dating site; they are more likely to engage with the site and remain a member for longer, subsequently increasing their lifetime value.
- Better return on investment – Because you’ve already paid to acquire these members once on one of your sites, cross-registering them onto another site is totally free.
- Multiple opportunities – There are hundreds of niches available across the White Label Dating platform. The most popular niches used for cross-selling are professional, mature, single parent and casual.
How to cross-sell successfully
- Make sure you know your market and which cross-sell sites they would be interested in.
- When you are using a banner or footer to cross-sell, use an eye-catching image that will draw in their attention and increase your click-through rate.
- Be open minded in choosing different niches, this will give you and your members more opportunities to find someone better suited to them.
- Ensure that your Partner Manager is tracking the results so you can see what works well and what doesn’t work well – then optimise your campaigns accordingly.
By successfully cross-selling within your portfolio, you can offer your existing members a chance to find a site which is more tailored to them and simultaneously increase your revenue. To set-up a cross-sell campaign, get in touch with your Partner Manager today.